Afghan forces have mistakenly killed nine people, most of them civilians, during araidon a house in eastern Nangarhar province which has been a base for Isis and other militants, officials said.
Theraid, which took place late on Monday night in Chaparhar district, also wounded eight other civilians, said provincial governor Hayatullah Hayat.
A local police commander was among the dead, he added.
According to the governor, gunfire had been coming from the house that wasraided but the casualties were identified as mostly civilians once the operation ended.
An investigation is under way to determine how the operation resulted in civilian casualties.
Both Taliban and Isis are active in easternAfghanistan.
Meanwhile, in the central province of Kabul, two people a policeman and a civilian were killed after a bomb attached to a bicycle detonated on Monday in the Qarabagh district, said Mohammad Azem, the district governor.
Mr Azem added that four others, three policemen and a civilian, were wounded in that attack.
In northern Samangan province, a provincial hospital director was killed when a sticky bomb attached to his car detonated on Tuesday in the provincial capital, Aybak, according to Sediq Azizi, the provincial spokesman.
Mr Azizi said director Akramuddin Wakilzada was seen as a possible candidate in the upcoming parliamentary elections scheduled for October.
The cars driver was wounded in the blast.
No-one has claimed responsibility for the attacks in Kabul province and Samangan.
The Taliban have stepped up their attacks against Afghan security forces as well as government officials since the announcement of their spring offensive in April across the country.